I constantly seek out art that’s inspiring, thought-provoking, skillfully executed, and/or beautiful so I can share it (in jargon-free language) with others who need and enjoy such art, but don’t have time to search it out. Ayn Rand described art as emotional fuel. My goal (and my selfish pleasure!) is to help you find more of that fuel and use it more efficiently.
You have two options for getting such art delivered to your inbox every week.
1. Sunday Recommendations
Every Sunday morning I send three art-related suggestions to my email list. Want to see if your taste agrees with mine? Check out my favorites from 2017. I don’t expect to bat a thousand, but judging from the high open rate and low unsubscribe rate, I’m striking a chord with many people.
Membership is free: just email DuranteDianne@gmail.com and ask to be added to the list! NOTE: I do not share my email list with anyone, ever.
My membership levels are named after favorite sculptures – illustrations are on my Patreon page. Patreon will email you whenever I post something at your level.
- Free: notices about art exhibitions, early notices of my upcoming talks, announcements of events such as my appearance on Yaron Brook’s show, and more.
- Memory ($5 per month): Four art-related recommendations every week: some of the favorite recommendations from 2017 were originally exclusive to Patreon. Membership at this level also gives you access to a compilation of all past recommendations. Recently added: access to two short videos weekly (the week’s blog post and the Sunday Recommendations), which often contain more images than I can reasonably attach to a Patreon post.
- Nathan Hale ($10 per month): all the above, plus a downloadable high-res image of an artwork with a related quote.
- America ($25 per month): all the above, and your name as a patron on the home page of DianneDuranteWriter.com. Feeling modest? We can use your initials or the name of your avatar, your pet, or your favorite fictional character.
- Farragut ($100 per month): all the above, and your name will appear in the acknowledgements of my next book.
- Spirit of Life ($200 or more per month): all the above, and we’ll do your choice of any tour listed here, in New York City or via Skype. You must have a minimum of two months of patronage at this level to qualify; offer expires if you cancel or downgrade.
Just a quick note to say that, while I don’t always respond to your mailings, I always enjoy hearing your thoughts on art. I share your admiration of Saint Gaudens and the Sherman …– Michael Wilkinson, sculptor
I devour and love each of your postings, not just Hamilton. You do outstanding work Dianne! – Rand Scholet, Alexander Hamilton Awareness Society
I LOVED your presentation this morning!!! I keep your presentations so I can reread them but this one is very special. What a pleasure to read, and to reread!! – Ro F.
Love the poem. Will use w/creative writing group. – Marian C.
Thank you for getting my motor started this morning. – Eric K.
Goosebumps when I read, “I’d prefer To fail while acting rightly, rather than to win by doing evil.” Thanks for the great email newsletters!! – Chris B.
Of all the places I could send a ‘sawbuck’ every month, yours is my favourite. – Earl G.
Sunday mornings would be incomplete without your weekly recommendations. – Hank L.
Thank you so much for sharing these great values. – Catherine D.
Please keep me on your list forever! No need to ever ask me again:) – Liz I.
I greatly love this poem by Kavafy and your translation of it! – Thomas H.
Once again, in “Politics and Portrait Sculptures,” you’ve driven clearly to the heart of how to discuss the issues. And your insights have instructed and reminded me clearly of why I love sculpture. Thank you! – Carrie R.
You remind me of the unsinkable Molly Brown, played by Debbie Reynolds in the film of the same title: cheerful, indefatigable, relentlessly seeking values & blasting through blockhouses to find them. Unsinkable. Of all you offer in your Sunday emails, it is that which I find most precious. And most generous. – Steve B.
So far I have shared your most recent free email recommendations with two friends, and at least two others will soon get a notification in their inboxes. My motivation for doing this is not getting the Webster story (though I certainly look forward to reading it) but rather is the desire to have my friends receive at least some of the added sunshine in their lives that your recommendations give me. – Bruce V.
Always a pleasure to get your posts (even though I’m usually behind). A wonderful pick me up ! – Stacey H.
Carry on the great work. – John M.
- DianneDuranteWriter.com has hundreds of posts on sculpture, painting, music, poetry, Central Park, and my other Obsessions. See the tag cloud at the lower right on all pages of this site.